[wingide-users] Auto-close characters should not produce non-pythonic code

Mark Jones mark0978 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:45:38 EDT 2013

I found this irritating at first too, then I learned I could select the
text I want surrounded and open the parens and it would auto surround

Example
a + b*c

select the a+b, hit ( and now you have

(a+b)*c

Now, I'm irritated by every text editor that DOESN'T do this auto surround
for me.

Even works for nested surrounds like django template tags

object.member

Highlight the whole thing and then hit {{ and you have

{{object.member}}