[wingide-users] One more issue with non-latin filenames

Denis Kirienko denis.kirienko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 03:59:57 EDT 2013

Hello!

As usual, I found one more problem with non-latin filenames.

IDE: Wing 101 4.1.12
Python: 3.2.3
OS: Windows 7 (Linux is not affected)

How to reproduce:

Create a folder with cyrillic name. For example, I created folder
"Проверка" in C:\temp.
Save a program in this folder. File name may be in english, I save
file as "test.py".

In Wing IDE 101 set breakpoint on the first line of file and press F5.
Program will be executed, but without stop on breakpoint.

See screenshot.png in the attachment.

This is a problem of running debugger in cyrillic folder.

If you have a troubles creating cyrillic folder, try to unpack
attached archive test.7z or test.zip - they have a folder "Проверка"
and a file test.py inside it. I think it is better to use test.7z.
because of zip archives stores filenames in MS-DOS 8-bit encoding.

--
Denis Kirienko