[wingide-users] Full-text index

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 7 12:36:24 EST 2013

On 3/7/13 10:33 AM, Tobias Hoellrich wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody has come up with a full-text index solution
> that integrates nicely into WingIDE? Looking at the list’s archives I
> can’t seem to find anything related.

There's nothing builtin that does this for arbitrary strings, though the
find uses tool uses a full text index of all symbols in python files.
The long term plan is to extend the index to all strings in all project

In the interim, you could invoke a command line program such as grep via
the OS Commands tool or possibly create a tool with the scripting api
that's perhaps modeled on the PyLint tool.