[wingide-users] Full-text index

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 7 12:36:24 EST 2013

On 3/7/13 10:33 AM, Tobias Hoellrich wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody has come up with a full-text index solution
> that integrates nicely into WingIDE? Looking at the list’s archives I
> can’t seem to find anything related.

There's nothing builtin that does this for arbitrary strings, though the
find uses tool uses a full text index of all symbols in python files.
The long term plan is to extend the index to all strings in all project
files.

In the interim, you could invoke a command line program such as grep via
the OS Commands tool or possibly create a tool with the scripting api
that's perhaps modeled on the PyLint tool.

Cheers,