[wingide-users] Full-text index

Tobias Hoellrich tobiash at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:33:51 EST 2013

Greetings wingide-users,

my project has around 10K mixed files (python, html, css, js, sql, etc.) and
doing a "Search in Files" with *.* takes quite a while. Doing the same
search via "find . -print0|xargs -0 egrep ." takes considerably less time.
Using the same project in Eclipse, searches over all files are also quite
faster.

I was wondering if anybody has come up with a full-text index solution that
integrates nicely into WingIDE? Looking at the list's archives I can't seem
to find anything related.

In the past I used something like Swish-e (http://swish-e.org/) to create
and query an index. Global/gtags (http://www.gnu.org/software/global/) also
sounds like an option.

If it has not been done before, I'll start working on it .

Thanks - T