[wingide-users] wing failing to start

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 7 09:43:59 EST 2013

Bryan Newman wrote:

> Is there a log I can look at to see what the issue is?  I applied the
> small update this morning and now when starting, the opening log shows
> briefly and then goes no further.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try looking at the file error-log in your User Settings Directory, which
is ~/.wingide4 on Linux or OS X and usually either c:\Documents and
Settings\${username}\Application Data\Wing IDE 4 or
c:\Users\${username}\AppData\Roaming\Wing IDE 4 on Windows (or similar
localized directory).

You can send this to us if you can't figure it out.

Or, you can start Wing with "wing4.1 --verbose" on Linux,
"/Applications/Wing IDE.app/Contents/MacOS/wing --verbose" on OS X, or
use console_wing.exe on Windows.