[wingide-users] Shift-return -- feature/bug

Steve Barnes gadgetsteve at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:03:06 EST 2013

On 01/03/13 01:01, Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> Uh, I don't *intend* to hold the key down, it's just a slow little
> finger on the "shift" key. The point is that shift-return is *likely*
> to happen during fast typing of Python source code, and the resulting
> "new-line-before" is rarely useful (power editor or not). In my view,
> even a power editor should not spank a user for otherwise harmless
> keyboard noise.
>
> The suggestion of remapping the default to alt-enter is a good one.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
+1 on alt-enter from me but to the side does anybody else remember when
Compac started shipping PCs with a split space bar half of which
defaulted to backspace - all touch typists found every other word
missing the last letter and merged into the next word plus the only
official way to change it to both halves being space was after every
reboot to press shift control left-space 3 times or to open up the
keyboard and get busy with the track cutter and soldering iron. At least
Wing lets you change the behaviour back to what you like!
--
Steve /Gadget/ Barnes