[wingide-users] How to copy a long string value?

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:45:30 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> On 6/24/13 3:59 PM, David Cortesi wrote:
>
>> Using Wing Personal 4.1.11 on MacOS.
>> I have the Stack Data window vertical on the right.
>> I would like to get the current value of a string variable into the copy
>> buffer so I could paste it elsewhere.
>>

> You should be able to use Show Detail from the right click context menu to
> display the string below the tree, select it, and then use control-C to
> copy it.

Aha. Had to enable X11 preference "Emulate 3-button mouse" and then
command-click is right-click and brings up a context menu I'd never seen
before.

The Detail box enables copying the full string. It would be nice if the
Detail box would go away again by itself. I have to again "right" click and
select Hide Detail. But that solved the problem anyway; thanks!