[wingide-users] How to run pre-debug shell script?

Graham Wideman initcontact at grahamwideman.com
Tue Jun 18 19:07:08 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I've used Wing IDE on Windows, and am now using Wing IDE on linux (trying out 5.0 beta).

I am creating a some small python programs to interact with an existing scientific software package which relies upon a somewhat elaborate environment variable setup.

There is a supplied bash script to set up that environment, so I would like to be able to tell Wing to run that script as the initial step in debugging.

In other words, instead of filling in the Project Properties > Environment box, I am hoping there is a way to trigger a pre-debug script. (Actually, to source it, since we are interested in the environment variables it exports.)

Is there a way to do this? Thanks,

-- Graham