[wingide-users] wingide startup

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jun 6 15:21:42 EDT 2013

On 6/6/13 2:25 PM, Connor, Adam J wrote:
> Without getting into why (complex toolchain setup) it would be helpful
> to be able to launch wing from the command line pointed at a particular
> project directory, either creating a new project or starting from the
> existing project files if the exist. Is this possible? I looked at the
> command line arguments docs
> <http://wingware.com/doc/install/command-line-usage> but nothing jumped
> out at me. I see I could specify particular files to open but that isn't
> what I want.

A project file may be specified on the command line, so 'wing
project.wpr' will open the project.wpr project file.  The command for
wing does vary by platform --
  Windows: "\Program Files\Wing IDE 4.1\bin\wing.exe"
  OS X: .../WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/wing
  Linux: wing4.1  (assuming it's in your path)

Cheers,