[wingide-users] How Wing IDE Debug Controller Class in Pylons Project

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 30 11:42:01 EDT 2013

On 7/30/13 11:15 AM, grass wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have done as http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/paste-pylons
> described, I can debug some files such as enviromrnt.py and route.py in
> pylons project, But I cannot debug code in controller package. When I
> post a request from browser, the breakpoints in the code of controller
> class don’t work. Could you give me some suggestion to debug controller?

A good way to test the debugger is to insert an 'assert 0' statement in
your code and run it to see if the debugger stops on the failed
exception.  If it does not stop, it probably means that the debugger is
not active in the process where the code runs and I would check if
Pylon's reloading support has been disabled (see the Debugging in Wing
IDE section of the howto).

If the debugger does stop on the failed assert, the issue is probably
filename mismatches; see
http://www.wingware.com/doc/install/trouble-debug-nostop-breakpoints for
help on this problem.

Cheers,