[wingide-users] migrate from TextWrangler? Questions & comments.

Scott Lawton scott.s.lawton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 21:11:52 EDT 2013

The mailing list traffic is light -- I fear I may flood it with
questions and comments as I give the new beta version a try. Feedback
welcome (on or off-list) as I proceed....

I just discovered that Wing IDE is finally creating a (somewhat) real
Mac GUI. The X Windows version was too painful to use, so it's a
welcome change. The open question: is that sufficient to get me (and
probably others like me) to migrate from TextWrangler (or BBEdit or
various other text editors that people use since there's still not a
decent Mac-like Python IDE)?

First question: how do I search for a tab, e.g. after getting the
mixed tab/space warning? backslash-t didn't work. The docs have a
brief mention of wildcards and regex, but without sufficient detail.

Thanks,

Scott