[wingide-users] Source code browser

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:47:18 EST 2013

On 01/31/2013 05:36 PM, Wingware Support wrote:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Would seem so. Some digging around showed that I was looking at files in
>> my source directory and the same files in site-packages. Is there a way
>> to tell WingIDE to ignore a PATH?
>
> You can configure the Python Path in Project Properties, although
> there's not a good way to remove items that are inherited from the
> environment and you probably don't want to ignore either site-packages
> or your source directory so it may be better to remove the duplicate files.

It can't be unusual to have a source directory and then have a package
installed in site or dist -package, so how do people handle that?

In the meantime I removed the package from site-package and the removed
some of the duplication. Now what I see is this:

dir A <--- In source assistant, no path
   file a
   file b
dir A <-- In source assistant a path to its location in the source dir
   file a
   file b

The files in either case point to the same path.
Not sure if it is related to the below in PYTHONPATH pulled from WingIDE
error-log:

  PYTHONPATH [u'/home/aklaver/software_projects/greenhouse_app',
u'', ..

The first listing is the project root. The project files live in the
project root, could that be the problem? It is double counting the
project directory?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver at gmail.com