[wingide-users] Feat. request: reStructuredText for docstrings

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 28 09:15:37 EST 2013

Diogo Baeder wrote:
> Lots of Python applications have been receiving documentation in
> reStructuredText format (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html);
> The reason for this is simple: this format's primary focus is for
> Python documentation, specially docstrings. So Sphinx uses it, and
> Read The Docs uses it - and a great deal of applications have their
> docs hosted in RTD nowadays -.
>
> So I'd like to propose that WinIDE implements reStructuredText parsing
> to be shown in parts of the IDE, like the Source Assistant, for
> example; This will improve te way the developers see their
> documentation, or documentation of other packages.

This is something we'ld like to add but I'm not sure when we'll get to
working on it.  I'd also like to syntax highlight ReST when seen in the
editor (at least for ReST-only files if not in the docstrings).  If
someone writes a lexer for Scintilla we would just incorporate it.  But
I realize you're asking for rendering in Source Assistant and not syntax
highlighting...

Thanks for the feedback!