[wingide-users] dark interface

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 14 10:33:52 EST 2013

Lee Gramling wrote:
> I would like to change my interface theme to be darker, and I saw
> someone that said they found a GTK plastik theme, how do you install a
> new theme?

Wing does have a Black Background theme, available on the first
preferences page.

To use another theme, on Linux you can set the "Use System GTK"
preference and use system-provided themes.

Otherwise, you can download the theme and place it into
bin/gtk-bin/share/themes inside your Wing IDE installation (or
Contents/MacOS/bin/gtk-bin/share/themes on OS X), restart Wing, and
select the theme in preferences.

Note that only themes that do not use a theme engine or use one of those
in /bin/gtk-bin/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines in your Wing installation will
work with Wing IDE.  We cannot make any guarantees for performance or
results when using themes not included with Wing IDE.  Some of them
trigger memory leaks and other problems.