[wingide-users] Feature suggestion: newline at EOF

Diogo Baeder diogobaeder at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 25 19:12:41 EST 2013

Hi,

Sounds good to me, thanks.

Cheers!

Diogo Baeder
http://diogobaeder.com.br

________________________________
 De: Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>
Para: Diogo Baeder <diogobaeder at yahoo.com.br>
Cc: "wingide-users at wingware.com" <wingide-users at wingware.com>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 25 de Fevereiro de 2013 19:34
Assunto: Re: [wingide-users] Feature suggestion: newline at EOF

Diogo Baeder wrote:

> I feel this might have been asked before, but it doesn't hurt to ask again: is there any plan to add a feature in WingIDE which, when enabled, puts a newline at the end of file, if there's none yet, upon file save? This would save me some time when fixing project files after running flake8.

We haven't added this yet but I've increased the priority on it.

You could actually work around this using the scripting API.  Search for 'presave' in scripts/editor_extensions.py in your Wing installation for disabled code that could be used for this.  You would add code to insert any missing trailing newline; this example shows how to hook that up to happen just before the file is saved.

Sorry it's taken us so long to add this.