[wingide-users] Feature suggestion: newline at EOF

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Feb 25 17:34:12 EST 2013

Diogo Baeder wrote:

> I feel this might have been asked before, but it doesn't hurt to ask
> again: is there any plan to add a feature in WingIDE which, when
> enabled, puts a newline at the end of file, if there's none yet, upon
> file save? This would save me some time when fixing project files
> after running flake8.

We haven't added this yet but I've increased the priority on it.

You could actually work around this using the scripting API.  Search for
'presave' in scripts/editor_extensions.py in your Wing installation for
disabled code that could be used for this.  You would add code to insert
any missing trailing newline; this example shows how to hook that up to
happen just before the file is saved.

Sorry it's taken us so long to add this.