[wingide-users] Python GUI on WingIDE

Steve Barnes gadgetsteve at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 04:40:51 EST 2013

On 23/02/13 20:58, gusarer at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've learned that I can use WIngIDE with PyQT toolkit. But it seems to
> me that in How-To section for GUI development decribes WingIDE
> Professional/Personal versions only.
> I have a free 101 version and want to create some simple GUI in Python.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Roman.

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

I would suggest that you try installing wxPython and the Doc & Demos -
there are a lot of examples in the demo's that will get you started and
wx is a much smaller download with more permissive licence.

You could also consider the personal edition $45 or if you are a
student, or several other categories, the discounted professional at $95.
--
Steve /Gadget/ Barnes