[wingide-users] Strange auto-editing behaviour

Anthony Floyd anthony.floyd at convergent.ca
Thu Feb 14 14:19:06 EST 2013

WingIDE Pro Win/32, 4.1.10-1, with all auto-editing turned on except "insert spaces"

Base text:

sql = """
INSERT INTO `table`
(a, b, c)
VALUES

When I highlight the last "%s" and then press the ' key, or if the caret is before the % in that last "%s" and I press ', Wing changes the text to:

sql = '''
INSERT INTO `table`
(a, b, c)
VALUES

Note that it changed the outer quotes to triple apostrophes, orphaned the triple quotes on the outside, and didn't put single-quotes around the %s like I wanted/expected. Work around is to press ' after the comma, delete the space, and manually add the closing quote. Not a big deal, but certainly surprising behaviour.

Cheers,
Anthony.