[wingide-users] commands for switching to tool tabs

Mitchell L Model dev at software-concepts.org
Tue Dec 31 14:22:59 EST 2013

In a previous post I mentioned binding keys to go to specific tools, such as the Python Shell and Debug Probe. I provided examples of a technique I used in Wing 4. In Wing 5 it is much easier -- there is a "show-panel-X" command for each tool. You could therefore bind, say, ctrl-$ to show-panel-python-shell. Very nice.

Incidentally you may not know that when you switch from an Editor to a Tool, you can return to the editor simply by typing Escape (or, in the Emacs personality, control-G). Both are handled specially in the tool windows rather than use their normal editor bindings.