[wingide-users] setting up to use WingIDE with Plone

T. Kim Nguyen (old uwosh) nguyen at uwosh.edu
Sun Dec 22 14:20:17 EST 2013

Thanks for the quick reply!

OK, in the Debug/Execute tab, I chose “Start Debug in Selected File” in Main Entry Point, and browsed to the bin/instance file.

I also set the Python Executable to the Python-2.7/bin/python.

I have another question. In the how-to, it says

“ For Plone 4, do not use the Zope2 support in Project Properties under the Extensions tab. This is not needed unless your Plone installation still uses old style Product name space merging. “

The checkbox in that tab says “Enable Zope2/Plone Support” so I hesitate to leave it unchecked.  (I’m working on Plone 4.3)  It might be clearer to label the checkbox “Zope2/Plone 1.x-3.x Support” or add something about it not being applicable to Plone 4 in the hover text, or to reword the how-to slightly to say “do not use the Zope2/Plone Support…”

    Kim