[wingide-users] open file on error.

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sun Dec 22 12:47:17 EST 2013

On 12/20/13 8:24 PM, Riley Porter wrote:
> Is there a way to avoid this from happening?  Say if I mess something up
> calling something like socket.  I would much rather just get the error
> message without opening the socket.py file.

Do you not want to open any file at all or open the file in your project
that calls into the socket (or other) module?  I find that seeing the
code where the exception is raised is often helpful in understanding why
it behaves the way it does -- and sometimes in finding bugs in the
standard library or 3rd party code.

Cheers,