[wingide-users] Wing IDE 5.0.1 released

Brian Gladman brg at gladman.plus.com
Mon Dec 9 13:51:59 MST 2013

On 09/12/2013 19:39, Wingware wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've just released Wing 5.01 with the following changes:
>
> * Support for Python 3.4beta1+
> * Fix file type registration on OS X
> * Fix potential segfault after using tab to move from field to field
> * Fix creating and renaming snippets and snippets tool drop down menu
> * Fix exception when closing windows and failure to quit on win32
> * Optimize message tool, which could substantially slow down the IDE
> * Fix problems setting custom colors via the Editor -> Syntax Coloring
> preferences
> * Updates and corrections in French localization (thanks to Jean Sanchez)
> * Fix intermittant failure to include all selected files in a version
> control operation
> * Fix switching to alphabetizing file tabs and keeping active tab
> visible when there are 2+ splits
> * 21 other bug fixes

Thank you for fixing the issue with the Python 3.4 beta - I can confirm
that Python 3.4 now starts up without problems.

However when I try to open the Python Manual (from the Wing IDE help
menu) it fails to find it locally and issues the message:

The requested URL /psupport/python-manual/3.4/index.html was not found
on this server.

But it is present locally at:

   C:\Program Files\Python34\Doc\python340b1.chm

Is there an easy fix I can apply for this?

   best regards,

      Brian Gladman