[wingide-users] auto-select explanation

Mitchell L Model dev at software-concepts.org
Mon Dec 9 12:00:20 MST 2013

The documentation of the editor commands describes three commands that turn on "auto-select", but I cannot find any description of what auto-select does. Experimentation led to confusion -- I can see in the status line at the bottom of the window that the editor is in fact in some kind of auto-select mode when I press the appropriate key, but I don't understand what it is doing when in that state. I would like an explanation of start-select-char, start-select-line, and start-select-block.