[wingide-users] Compiling Wing's Debugger from Sources on ARM

dave holden holdendp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:50:31 MST 2013

Hi All,

Would anyone who's compiled Wing's Debugger from Sources on ARM (specifically beagle bone black in my case) be willing to share the binary?

Thanks,
Dave Holden

========== Earlier thread on this topic =============
Riley Porter wrote:
> I am writing code on my raspberrypi and was trying to get remote
> debugging working for it.  However, I guess you have to install wing
> on the system you want to debug.  Its ARM arch.  So I am not sure if
> this is possible.  Has anyone have any input on this?

Installing all of Wing only works on platforms that we have installers
for.  What you need to do instead is to build the debugger binaries from
sources.  You can get the sources from our downloads area but you will
need to submit an NDA first if you have not already:
http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/support/source-non-discl.pdf (can be
emailed to support at wingware.com).

Once you do that we can provide the details on how to build.  It's
pretty easy and there have been a number of others that have done it
successfully on ARM.