[wingide-users] Call stack direction

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 28 15:47:26 EDT 2013

Paul Du Bois wrote:
> I'm on 5.0.0-b6 (rev 29601) of Wing Pro. Can there be an option for
> reversing the order of call stack entries? Wing orders them with
> oldest on top and newest on bottom. I won't go so far to say that the
> Wing order is incorrect; but usually all the excitement happens in the
> most-recent stack frames, and the older stack frames are often the
> boring ones.
>
> The other debuggers I often use sort the stack frames the opposite way
> from Wing, and it's somewhat confusing switching between the two.

Hi,

There isn't an option like that now but it seems like a reasonable thing
to add.  I'll make a note of it.

Note that 5.0beta6 moved the exception message to the bottom and scrolls
to end so both current location and message are visible at the same
time.  Of course the message should be at top when the stack is reversed.