[wingide-users] running as root on Centos

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sat Aug 17 12:46:06 EDT 2013

On 8/16/13 4:36 PM, brian downing wrote:
> This is a script that does a setup procedure.  Does this mean I'll have
> to kick the script off manually every time I change the code? I was
> hoping to debug the code like I normally do with other python programs.

Wing doesn't have the ability to launch subprocesses via sudo from
within the IDE so you would need to run it from a command line.

> I thought about running wing as root.  When I launch wing as root, it
> asks me for a license key.  I've already activated it as another user.
> Do I need to request another license via wing?

When running Wing as root, it considers root the user so will use
~root/.wingide4 (or 5) as its configuration directory.  Running Wing as
root is not recommended because of the general principle that as little
as possible should be run as root.

Cheers,