[wingide-users] migrate from TextWrangler? (Marc A. Murison)

Mark Jones mark0978 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:41:58 EDT 2013

> But, I do NOT use [Wing] for my day to day python editing.

> > For this I have my editor that can sing and dance and produce baked
> > potatoes in no time.
> >

> I have long had the opposite experience: text editors cannot come close to
> the convenience and configurability of Wing. Any time I have to use a
> plain-text editor, I'm always really missing Wing. So I'm curious -- what
> can your text editor (TextWrangler?) do that Wing cannot? What do you find
> most often causes you to prefer it over Wing's editor?

I have to second this sentiment.  If wing just did for Javascript and html
what it does for python, I would have a complete development environment.
 And actually, the problems are more with javascript than html.

I find myself wanting the auto edit features of wing with the auto surround
with " ' [ { and ( everywhere else.  Ctrl-Shift-O (Open from project) is
awesome.  Source folding

When you add up all the things you get with wing, I'm not sure why you
wouldn't use it all the time.  If I was working remotely though, I'd have
to go with emacs, X11 over a remote connection is too sluggish for my
impatience.