[wingide-users] migrate from TextWrangler? Questions & comments.

yarkot@uchicago.edu yarkot at uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 9 09:54:27 EDT 2013

Re:  lightweight editing: you can configure erring for either emacs or vi mode.  The emulation is incomplete, but sufficiently useful.  For example, in vi mode, search is familiar.

Beyond light editing, you can configure external editors to open files (right click on file).  You can also simply have your project files simultaneously open in the editor of your choice (e.g.  teaxtmate), as wing will watch files for changes, and simply reload (you have to remember to actually write the files changed externally).

Hope that gives some insight.

Regards,
Yarko Tymciurak
Research Computing Group