[wingide-users] migrate from TextWrangler? Questions & comments.

Scott Lawton scott.s.lawton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:32:26 EDT 2013

> Go to search, on the bottom right of the search bar there is an "Options"
> button, click and select Regex Search.

Aha, I didn't see that.

Request for Wing: please make this more Mac-like! A menu should not
just be an unadorned text label. (Adding a 'Regex Flags' menu that
looks like another plain-text label compounds the issue.)

To consider: promote regex to one of the main checkboxes rather than
hiding in a menu. e.g. I use that far more than 'whole words' (though
to be fair, I almost never turn it off so not something I need to
change often).

> I'm using Wing IDE on a Mac daily and I think it's quite handy.
> I was using it even with the X Windows stuff and although it was quite
> annoying, Wing IDE still proved itself a quite handy tool.

I'm certainly happy to give it a try. One general challenge: I really
want a 'debugger' rather than an 'IDE'. So, much of the effort that
has gone into the product is lost on me, and some of it will be a real
hindrance. For example, I just want to open a file and click 'debug';
I don't want to create a project for everything I do.

We'll see how it goes.

Scott