[wingide-users] Problem Launching WingIDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 25 15:45:15 EDT 2013

William Ray Wing wrote:
> After this morning's question about debugging a rare multi-processing problem, I decided to simply try making some changes that (I hope) will cause the problem to occur more often, then run it in WingIDE, sitting back to wait.
>
> It has been a month or two since I last launched WingIDE, and I suddenly find I have a problem.  When I double click it, it bounces in the dock, then stops but I get no splash screen and no window.  The system log shows two messages that are posted while the bouncing is occurring:
>
> 4/25/13  3:22:14.490 PM login[507]: USER_PROCESS: 507 tty??
> 4/25/13  3:22:15.542 PM login[507]: DEAD_PROCESS: 507 tty??
>
> Any thoughts?  (Neither a reboot nor downloading a fresh copy of WingIDE made any difference.)

Look at or send us ~/.wingide4/error-log, which probably will contain
some indication of the problem.  It might just be that X11 isn't running
and can't be started.  This can happen on OS X after updates.  If you
start the latest XQuartz manually first it'll probably work.

Also, if the log doesn't contain anything (which it might not if it's
failing very early) then try starting XQuartz and from an xterm run:

/Applications/WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/wing --verbose

Please let me know if this does not help.