[wingide-users] Problem Launching WingIDE (addendum)

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Thu Apr 25 15:43:35 EDT 2013

After this morning's question about debugging a rare multi-processing problem, I decided to simply try making some changes that (I hope) will cause the problem to occur more often, then run it in WingIDE, sitting back to wait.

It has been a month or two since I last launched WingIDE, and I suddenly find I have a problem.  When I double click it, it bounces in the dock, then stops but I get no splash screen and no window.  It turns out there is a bit more info in the system log, I just missed it the first time.  When I try to launch WingIDE, the system log records:

Apr 25 15:40:48 StraylightPro.local login[738]: in pam_sm_acct_mgmt(): OpenDirectory - Membership cache TTL set to 1800.
Apr 25 15:40:48 StraylightPro.local login[738]: in od_record_check_pwpolicy(): retval: 0
Apr 25 15:40:48 StraylightPro.local login[738]: in od_record_attribute_create_cfstring(): returned 3 attributes for dsAttrTypeStandard:AuthenticationAuthority
Apr 25 15:40:48 StraylightPro.local login[738]: USER_PROCESS: 738 tty??
Apr 25 15:40:48 StraylightPro.local login[738]: DEAD_PROCESS: 738 tty??

Any thoughts?  (Neither a reboot nor downloading a fresh copy of WingIDE made any difference.)

Mac OS-X 10.8.3

Thanks,
Bill