[wingide-users] Problem Launching WingIDE

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Thu Apr 25 15:36:01 EDT 2013

After this morning's question about debugging a rare multi-processing problem, I decided to simply try making some changes that (I hope) will cause the problem to occur more often, then run it in WingIDE, sitting back to wait.

It has been a month or two since I last launched WingIDE, and I suddenly find I have a problem.  When I double click it, it bounces in the dock, then stops but I get no splash screen and no window.  The system log shows two messages that are posted while the bouncing is occurring:

4/25/13 3:22:14.490 PM login[507]: USER_PROCESS: 507 tty??
4/25/13 3:22:15.542 PM login[507]: DEAD_PROCESS: 507 tty??

Any thoughts?  (Neither a reboot nor downloading a fresh copy of WingIDE made any difference.)

Mac OS-X 10.8.3

Thanks,
Bill