[wingide-users] Wing 4.1 logs me out during startup

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 04:01:12 EDT 2013

I'm having a bizarre problem: when I start Wing 4.1, the Wingware logo
flashes as it begins to come up, and then I'm logged out of my machine.

I'm running on Ubuntu 12.10.  I've used this combination (Wing 4.1 + Ubuntu
12.10) for months, and have only started having the problem this morning.
My only recent system change was installing f.lux, but I removed f.lux,
rebooted the machine, and the problem remains.

Sorry this isn't much useful information; I can't even tell you the precise
version number I'm using, because I can't start Wing to find out.  (I do
have automatic check for updates set, though, so I think it must be the
latest.)  Is there a logfile somewhere that would give more light on what's
happening?  I don't see anything relevant-looking at the tail of
/var/log/syslog.

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com