[wingide-users] Next Search in files is difficult to access

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Apr 12 16:44:31 EDT 2013

Mark Jones wrote:
> Search in Files tab has _N_ext indicating that Alt-N should go to the
> next occurrence  but Testi_n_g in the menus also has the Alt-N.  This
> means that the one in "Search in Files" is unreachable.  F3 however
> should work (it is listed under Edit|Search and Replace|Next as the
> keystroke for the next occurrence.
>
> Neither of these work, meaning I need to use the mouse.......  Seems
> like the F3 should goto the next occurrence when Search In Files is
> active, or should do next on the most recent search done.

I think F3 controls the Search tool not Search in Files.  Try binding a
key to the command batch-search-forward with the Keyboard > Custom Key
Bindings preference.

I'll try to make this less confusing and to fix the accelerator conflict
(although those are hard given the complexity and dynamic nature of the
GUI).