[wingide-users] External Debug: can set breakpoint after code launched

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 2 10:24:59 EDT 2013

On 4/1/13 8:10 PM, brian downing wrote:
> When debugging external launched code, is it possible to set a
> breakpoint after the code is launched?

Yes.

> I'm running django. When I set a break point I get just a read bar
> instead of the normal circle. I'm assuming I can't and I need to restart
> the external code.

This happens when the IDE has sent a request to the debugger process to
set the breakpoint but hasn't received confirmation that it has been
sent.  The debug process may be executing C code (e.g. a select call or
a long calculation) and not checking for requests from the IDE.  It
should check soon after it starts to run Python code, though there is a
small window where Python code can execute before the breakpoint is set.

Cheers,