[wingide-users] Python doc link - path not found

Werner F. Bruhin werner.bruhin at free.fr
Thu Sep 27 10:07:59 EDT 2012

On 27/09/2012 15:23, Wingware Support wrote:
> Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
>> os.remove Python documentation path link problem.
>>
>> Info from Source Assistant window:
>>
>> Invoking: os.remove
>>   Likely type: callable function remove
>>     def remove(path)
>> http://docs.python.org/library/nt.html#nt.remove
>> remove(path)
>>
>> Remove a file (same as unlink(path)).
>
> Thanks, looks like we need to change the module name to os.  I've
> fixed that for Wing 4.1.9+.
Thanks for the quick turn around on this.

> The general issue here is that there is no formal mapping from Python
> standard library code to docs urls, so we need to guess and fix
> special cases like this.
I think you are doing a great job on all this - your guessing is
definitely very educated guessing;-) as it is most of the time correct -
at least for me this is the first little problem I found and I use the
doc links quit often.

BTW, as the Python doc is using Sphinx maybe the file used by the
InterSphinx extension might be useful for your stuff, see the end on the
following page.

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ext/intersphinx.html

Werner