[wingide-users] One more bug with multibytes UTF-8 characters

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 14 09:24:00 EDT 2012

Denis Kirienko wrote:
> One more bug (not annoying) with non-ASCII characters.
>
> Try to output long text with multibyte characters. For example, you
> may use this program:
>
> print( (chr(1072) + chr(32)) * 10000)
>
> In the output lines can be breaked in the middle of one character, and
> we will see a funny result.
>
> See attached screenshot. Try to change length of the line, if you
> can't reproduce it.

We need to split up lines to avoid some problems w/ very long lines.
Apparently we are not doing that on the utf-8 character boundaries.
I'll try to fix that and will in any case increase the split threshold
since I think it could safely be quite a bit larger than the current
value of 1000.

Thanks for reporting this.