[wingide-users] ARM Debugging python

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 12 20:24:45 EDT 2012

Riley Porter wrote:
> I am writing code on my raspberrypi and was trying to get remote
> debugging working for it.  However, I guess you have to install wing
> on the system you want to debug.  Its ARM arch.  So I am not sure if
> this is possible.  Has anyone have any input on this?

Installing all of Wing only works on platforms that we have installers
for.  What you need to do instead is to build the debugger binaries from
sources.  You can get the sources from our downloads area but you will
need to submit an NDA first if you have not already:
http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/support/source-non-discl.pdf (can be
emailed to support at wingware.com).

Once you do that we can provide the details on how to build.  It's
pretty easy and there have been a number of others that have done it
successfully on ARM.