[wingide-users] Save events and read only files

Brett Dixon brett at readyatdawn.com
Fri Oct 26 11:46:12 EDT 2012

This is just a feature request.  I'd like to edit read only files and I'd also like added events like pre-save and post-save.

Use case

*         Open a file in perforce that isn't checked out

*         Edit at will

*         CTRL + S

o   Pre-save event triggers a script to check out current file from p4

*         Create a new file

*         Edit

*         CTRL + S

o   Post-save event triggers a script to determine whether or not the current file should be automatically added to perforce

If this is already possible, please let me know

Thanks