[wingide-users] Auto completation

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 15 10:34:34 EDT 2012

Setx . wrote:
> I've read that WingIDE incorporate some kind of functions that is used
> to auto-complete thing.
> For example, if I type "de" and then press "tab", I'll get: "def"
> But how can I get typing "def" and then pressing "tab", this output:
> "
> #---------------------------------------------------------------
> def  (self):
> "
>
> Of another one, pressing "file", this will type this content:
> "
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> # Author:   --<>
> # Purpose:
> # Created: <Date>
> #
> # Futures:
> #
> "

In Wing Pro the snippets tool is used for this, and snippets in the
auto-completer are suffixed with "(snippet)". There is a default set of
snippets but you can alter them to match your coding conventions.  There
are docs here:  https://wingware.com/doc/edit/snippets

Note that this feature is not present in Wing Personal or 101.