[wingide-users] Improving Wingware workflow

Christopher Fry cfry1 at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 14 21:23:53 EDT 2012

Thanks John
I know your hands are somewhat tied with Python's inflexibilites,
so the tools I spoke of are just easier to implement in better langs,
which is part of the reason they're better in the first place.
(Python is better in some ways than those languages, but
not in core lang design issues like this)

After reflecting on my original message, I realized what was
really going on is that I wanted to merge the functionality
of your "debug probe", and your "Python shell".
Although I occassionally want to have a "clean shell",
that is, in practice a very rare need in the IDEs I spoke of
that have just one "shell".

Perhaps the easiest thing you could do in the near term is to
make the "Stack Data" inspector work on data/vars in the Python Shell.
(I've mentioned this before)

In any case, I'd be happy to help you with the details of the design
of such new tools when the time is right for you.

Wingware remains the best Python IDE I've seen.
Keep up the good work!