[wingide-users] Has anyone found a better dark gtk theme? Small screen tricks?

Shay shay_public at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:48:57 EDT 2012

Semi-Dedicated Python hobbyist.

Evaluating WingIDE now. I've spent a couple days going through the tutorial
and documentation, and now I want to spend some time using the IDE.

One problem:
As a hobbyist, I find myself coding in bed in a dark bedroom. The white
themes strain my eyes and disturb my wife. The "black background" theme is
pretty gaudy and eye-straining(???? just found it. not enough time to tell)
itself. Has anyone found a subtler dark (doesn't necessarily have to be
black) theme?

One niggle:
I'm often working on a 12" screen. Horizontal screen-space is fine, but
vertical space is premium. Any tricks for "fullscreening" Wing in Windows?
Any other small-screen tricks? Coming from VIM. One thing Vim is great at is
maximizing screen real-estate. Using the Vim "personality" so I don't
necessarily need scrollbars at all.

Thank you,
 -Shay