[wingide-users] Remote Debugging

Riley Porter rileyporter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:47:32 EDT 2012

Sorry if this is a "dead horse" question.  But I have read the remote
debugging page on your site multiple times now and still I have a few
questions.

In your example here:
http://www.wingware.com/doc/debug/remote-debugging-example

You basically describe what I am trying to do.  However, no where is it
mentioned that WingIDE needs to be installed on the remote Linux machine?
 It just says set the wingstub.py file to point to the machine that is
running wingIDE.  Is this all that is needed?  Perhaps this is such a "duh"
thing that you did not mention it :)  As I get this error when I try to
import wingdbstub.py in my code:

*python debug.py
> Error: Could not find Wing installation!  You must set WINGHOME or edit
> wingdbstub.py where indicated to point it to the location where
> Wing IDE is installed.*

So I guess the complete question is:
Do I need wingide installed on the remote machine to debug remote python
code on my local machine?

Thanks,

Riley