[wingide-users] script to generate HTML files for keymaps

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 13:50:57 EST 2012

Hi Mitchell

> I just posted to http://wiki.wingware.com/ConvertKeymapsToHtml a modified version of a script originally written by Marcin Kasperski. The script reads the files in the Wing installation that define the keybindings for the various keyboard personalities and generates simple HTML files that list the bindings sorted by key. It also generates an HTML file for the bindings defined in the user's Wing preferences file. The generated HTML files are a useful reference for exploring the bindings provided by the keyboard personality you are using, as well as documentation of the ones you have overridden or added.

Great idea but I get the following error when I reload all scripts (Wing 4.1.9-1)

Error::Failed to load wing_keymap2html from /Users/luc/.wingide4/scripts/wing_keymap2html.py:
Runtime failure details:
Exception: "<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>"
Value = 'future feature print_function is not defined (wing_keymap2html.py, line 18)'

Best wishes,

Luc J. Bourhis