[wingide-users] Annoying keyboard issues

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Wed May 23 14:54:37 MDT 2012

Hi All,

I've just started using Wing IDE Pro v4.1.6-1 on my brand-new MacBookPro
(which I think is running "Lion"). I've been using Wing on Windows and
Linux for years. For better or worse, Wing runs in X11 on the Mac.

I'm having some truly annoying issues with keyboard support. Sometimes,
for reasons that escape me, Wing simply stops responding to keystrokes.
The mouse works fine, but it's as though my keyboard is disconnected.

On the Mac, I seem to be able to get things going again by
mouse-clicking a few Wing windows.

I've seen this a few times on my Windows 7 machine as well. So far, in
Windows 7, I've needed to restart Wing to get the keyboard back.

Am I the only one seeing these problems?

Thanks,
Tom