[wingide-users] Backspace at end of class goes back to beginning

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Tue May 22 07:35:50 MDT 2012

Hi,

I've noticed that ever since I upgraded to Wing Pro 4 there's a weird
little "bug" or feature that wasn't in the 3.2 series where if I use the
class snippet (which I like) and I go to the end of the class, if I press
backspace so I can get all the way unindented to start a new class or
definition, my cursor jumps to the beginning of the class line. So if I
have something like:

class TestClass(object):

And hit backspace at the end of the snippet that's inserted, my cursor ends
up between the ending brace and the semi-colon. This is pretty annoying and
I'm not sure how that's a helpful place to be. I'm on Windows 7 with Wing
Pro 4.1.6-1 (rev 26713). The workaround is to just select the space and
start typing.

Thanks,

Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http://blog.pythonlibrary.org