[wingide-users] Just in case the documentation confuses anyone else

jgold joe at goldthwaites.com
Wed May 16 14:21:36 MDT 2012

The key binding documentation to zoom in and out is Ctrl-KP_Add and
Ctrl-KP_Subtract.  Being new to Wing, this caused me some frustration,
Nothing I typed would work. I tried Control-K, Control-KP, Control-Shift-K,
etc.

This will probably get a laugh from you people who already know what they
meant. What they mean is "Control-Keypad+" and "Control-Keypad-".  That's
control and then the plus and minus keys on the *keypad*.   Why abbreviate
Keypad + to KP_Add? Is KP a universally accepted abbreviation for keypad?
And the plus key is clearly labled "+" not "Add".

Go ahead and have a laugh at the old guy with the stupid questions but when
you're done, fix the documentation!

P.S. This key sequence sucks because the keyboard on my Macbook Pro (running
Windows 7) doesn't have a keypad or any labeled alternative keys for a
keypad.  Why not just use Control + and - like Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc?
Especially when there don't appear to be any other bindings for those keys?