[wingide-users] Is there a way to navigate through the undo history, without actually undoing things?

Ernest French ernestfrench at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:01:18 MDT 2012

I often will want to go back to a place in the code I recently edited.
 Right now, I undo a few times until I get there, then remember where it
is, then redo (while being very careful not to break the undo future by
typing anything), and then go to the spot.

It would be really amazing if there was a keyboard combination that just
navigated you around to the spots that past undo actions took place, but
didn't actually do them.  If you typed while in the "past", it wouldn't
break the history, it'd just add a regular action to the end of the undo
chain, and you could navigate back again if necessary.

Ernest French