[wingide-users] Wing crashing on kubuntu 12.04 when starting debug session

Richard Moseley dickie.moseley at virgin.net
Sun May 6 05:32:17 MDT 2012

On 27/04/12 18:07, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 4/27/12 12:50 PM, Chris Saxey wrote:
>> I've had problems starting a debug session with wing on Kubuntu 12.04.
>> I'll hit the debug button, enter my run arguments, hit ok, and it
>> crashes the IDE. I've used the latest version 4.1.5-1 (revision 26454),
>> and the last 3.2 as well. Any thoughts on why?
>
> It's probably the theme engine that implements the KDE look and feel.
> Try switching themes in the KDE control panel as documented at
> https://wingware.com/doc/install/trouble-linux

I am also having the same issue with Kubuntu 12.04, and the 4.15-1 of
wingide with patches 01, 02 and 03 applied. When I run wingide from the
command line I get the following error message, following the debug
dialog box is confirmed:

rmos at spot2:~/python/dialog/snack$ wing4.1
The program 'wing.py' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 9862 error_code 3 request_code 153 minor_code 3)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

The only change that I can see is that there was an update to the
xserver-common package which could have an impact.

Richard Moseley