[wingide-users] Lost Bookmarks

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 7 07:13:24 MST 2012

Campbell McKellar-Basset wrote:
> I use named bookmarks for a very-short-term todo, eg while refactoring
> something with find-in-files.
>
> If I freeze my wing, the bookmarks are lost on restart... and because
> the text I was searching for is now changed on disk in all it's
> previous locations, re-locating the bookmark positions involves
> referring to version control diffs....
>
> This can turn a5-second  Wing restart into a ten minute little tragedy
> (plus a few minutes more, for complaining to you guys in an email!).
>
> Can the bookmarks be saved immediately when they are added to the list?

Wing should be auto-saving your project every 10 seconds and offering to
restore the auto-saved copy at startup.  Also, even if it fails to save
it shouldn't lose bookmarks you set in an earlier session (in case
that's what you're seeing).

I wonder if your project file if corrupted.  Can you email it to support
at wingware dot com?

Also, do you have any idea what is freezing Wing?  Obviously, it
shouldn't be doing that.  Next time it happens, please send in a bug
report from the Help menu with the error log included so we can try to
diagnose that.